This November morning

It's been awhile; haven't posted here since May. On my beach walk this morning, I vowed to start blogging again. Not because anyone misses these journal entries but it is a good place to practice being brave and that is something I need to work on. But it's going to be a short entry. I don't have the heart to go on about anything simple because it was too sad to wake up to the complicated horror that happened in Paris. I am mourning their loss today...another terrible loss for our species. Random acts of horrible violence that are unfathomable. No need for any philosophical thoughts on this. I will go on with my day as we all will, it is just very, very sad.

This heron has been perched in a tall tree outside our house since daybreak withstanding a chilly wind that's been blowing.  I see great blue herons at the beach every day but I've never seen one in our yard before. It looks beautiful and strong and stoic so it seems right to post it.





Popular Posts