Oh yes, we have 2 tomatoes!

 We have 2 tomatoes today!

The plant in front of the oak is a tomato plant. There are 2 plants in the pot grown from seeds from a store-bought tomato we had on a salad in June and it is almost as tall as I am. They have had a lot of blooms but I had just about given up that any of had been pollinated. I thought it was too hot and I was going to pull them out. Until today. Two tomatoes have shown up!

Even if they don't make it to maturity, if LB gets them or if they just split in the heat, I call this a victory. 


Comments

  1. Hey Laurel, two tomatoes are great! Two you get to eat, two you don't have to buy, you get to watch turn red and anticipate how wonderful it will taste! Lucky you. My garden is starting to quite the plethora too. If you were here I could hand you some gypsy peppers that are going crazy! right now!! They are delicious on a sandwich. Enjoy the tomatoes! Do tell us when you've eaten them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If our tomatoes (there are now 4), make it into the kitchen you will certainly hear about it. It will be very big news. I'd love to try the gypsy peppers. I've never heard of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts