Being in the cone

We might get a tropical storm next week so it's time to find places to store the beach gear, lawn chairs and bikes. I won't put anything away until we know Isaac will actually make it here for a visit, but it's smart to have a bit of a plan. Anyhow, the storage closet gets unruly and disorganized in the summer months...being in the storm cone is a good excuse to tidy up.

In terms of vacationers in town, next week is really the calm before the human storm of Labor Day weekend. Labor Day is the end of the summer season for our little NW Florida resort town and it looks like it will be a busy one. For us folks who live and work here, it will be nice to take a little breather from the hectic pace. Our shoulder season of September and October is wonderful. I really look forward to the Art Shows and Back to Nature Festival of the fall, the butterflies and flowers, eating dinner on the deck, sunsets on the gulf.

But for now, I better get after the storage room. Yes, I'll get right at it. Well right after I go check out the cool t-shirts I heard were at Sundogs. Yeah, right after that.

Comments

Popular Posts