Big Daddy's Bike Shop


On the top of our blue mountain you will find good people, good bikes and good service at Big Daddy's Bike Shop. I love these people. They are all friendly and helpful and Peg is a good and caring citizen. We bought our Townie there which Bruce uses every day and they service my old GT bike, the Purple Haze. With patience and kindness I might add because really, I should have probably given Purple Haze up a couple of years ago. But why add to the landfill so this week they took it apart for me so I could take home the body and paint it. (When Jim wrote up the work order, he noted the color as "rust"...and it was literally rust...I love the bike but I'm not particularly good to it).



I painted it carbon black to disguise some pretty serious flaws, Jim put it all back together for me, put on a new bottle holder and wrapped the handle bars in a way that allowed me to keep using my basket. Purple Haze is now Black Beauty. She is still not a show stopper, has plenty of flaws in spite of the carbon black color and added decorative accessories. She wouldn't be the bike of choice for anyone but me but I love this bike and really appreciate Big Daddy's help with this project. She is good to go, hopefully, for a couple of more years.

Go to Big Daddy's, buy from Big Daddy's, rent bikes from Big Daddy's!

Comments

Popular Posts