30A is full of itself

Ha! I don't think I've ever lived anywhere that was so full of itself. There are all kinds of decals and websites and blogs and magazines devoted to our little strip of heaven and they all talk glowingly about living here and/or vacationing here. Move over "home on the range", South Walton's 30A has taken over your "where seldom is heard, a discouraging word..." line. Everything is beautiful.  It's like a sickness, I caught it too. You won't find a lot of sad tales in this blog. We are even creating our own 30A decal this week for Blue Wave Livings - 30A Listings. I love our BWL logo and want another decal for my beach car. South Walton really is a great place to live and everyday, I am grateful that Bruce and I manage it. Still, our community has our tragedies, sadness, and struggles just like anywhere we humans call home. So before I get wrapped up in the preparations for the Thanksgiving holiday's, before I give myself over to too much food and merriment at Christmas, I'm going on the record to make sure I take the time this week to humbly give back as much as I can to the place and the people I love and to write about at least one thing I am grateful for everyday this week until Thanksgiving.  
Here's a reason to be grateful if you are looking for one: We got through yet another hurricane season unscathed! Yay. The weather has been wonderful. I'm happy to report the sand is still warm enough to walk barefoot on and the forecast looks mild in the foreseeable future.
  

Had a great time volunteering at Flutterby this year. I was pleased to work the gardening booth with Snookie Parrish which we shared with some very cool critters. Great fun.

Here's to the sunny side of 30A.         

Comments

Popular Posts