First Note, a Blue Mountain Original

We are so fortunate to live on this coast and it is not only because of the beach. This is Florida's music coast if you ask me. Live music is a priority here. Our proximity to Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans gives us such an advantage. Our turquoise water has a tendency to inspire. 

Last night we had the best night out in a long time and it was because of the First Note Music Hall and some terrific company. First Note is right down the street from where we live and we have been hearing about it all summer long. It gets sold out every weekend they are open. Still I was a bit of a skeptic because it is a "listening hall" and I couldn't believe I would remain quietly attentive sitting there from 7pm to 11pm listening to musicians I didn't know. It turns out, I did know one of the musicians and a couple of them had written songs that we all know, and I know I haven't heard the last of the ones I didn't know at the beginning of the night. In any case, I didn't exactly have to sit quietly and I didn't want to leave. None of us did. One musician after another, all exceptionally talented, took their turn on the stage, and entertained us every minute. The mix of shuffling genre's make it a very unique experience. Jazz, country, blues, and ballads play nicely together on stage, each individual musician backing up the next creating a sort of familial magic. Founder Tommy Jackson's energy is contagious and everyone involved is polite, enthusiastic and glad you came. Please go there as soon as you can.

PS: I had eaten before we got there so I didn't order food but I will eat there next time because our companions ordered tapas and they were very happy.

Comments

Popular Posts