Goatfeathers in Blue Mtn Beach

Had a lunch date at Goatfeathers today. I enjoyed the fish po boy and the spinach salad they had on their lunch special. My lunch partner had red beans and rice with sausage. We were very pleased. Service was good, food was good, price was good (under $8.00 wow). This is a restaurant and fish market that has been on 30a for many years while fancier eateries have come and gone. It is funky and non-pretentious, the fish is, well, fresh and the owners are local. All good things to me.

I love the shoulder seasons on 30a. Not that I am unhappy with visitors, far from it. Visitors are our life blood. They make it possible for me to make a living here so I can live here full-time so I like them a lot. But each season has it's good points and the restaurants are easier to get into between now and summer season and the weather is really, really fine.

Comments

Popular Posts