Black Swallowtail

Riley and I recently noticed about 15 caterpillars (larval stage) consuming the parsley in our container plants on the porch. So cool to watch them. Last year the garden spider kept Bruce and I intrigued for most the summer and I really thought the frogs where going to be this years most interesting of the garden critters to watch but these guys will probably be the most memorable because I see them several times a day. I have been taking lots of photos especially of the most entertaining caterpillar, Dopey (so named because it keeps dropping off the plant, onto the deck and I keep putting him/her back). While my "photo of the day" of Dopey is a pretty darn good one, for really great photos of these creatures, go to: http://www.pbase.com/rcm1840/lifecycleofblsw
Remarkable photography showing all the stages.

Comments

Popular Posts