How to Celebrate

When the H2O office closed, I have to admit, it was kind of hard on Bruce. He doesn't like change, he was in the middle of several sales transactions, he doesn't like change and he doesn't like change. He was pretty much the last to leave the office when they finally locked the doors. But what a great move it was going over to Davis Properties. He always liked the people there so it was an easy decision to go with Larry and his team but we really felt at home there when the grand opening of the "new" old office in Seagrove was celebrated with a good old fashioned crawfish boil held outside under the live oak. I have never been crazy for crawfish because they seemed like a lot of work but some Louisiana folks were there for the celebration and one very sweet lady took pity on my Miami ignorance of this special custom. She literally hand fed me crawfish tails until I finally started cracking them myself out of sheer embarrassment. I got the rhythm of the eating, the taste for the food and the understanding of the art of the tradition. The artichokes and potatoes were great, the garlic yummy and the tall tales told around the communal table setting were, in a word, colorful. This group knows how to have an opening.

I'm putting Davis Properties as one of my favorite places because I like the busy, historic Seagrove corner, the creaky building and the warm welcoming people.

Comments

Popular Posts