More signs of life...

I know I've just written about my excitement and anticipation of the plants reawakening. I just wanted to journal that it appears the peach tree made it through the winter. If it gives us a peach this year it will be just amazing. The Meyers lemon has flowered and the red bud, so sad during winter, has tiny buds of new growth coming out. There are lots of salvia coming back and weeds are shooting up everywhere. It's gotten to the point where I can't bear to pull weeds out. The more I read about the natives the more I appreciate them. They can look clumsy sometimes but it you give them a full season they will often do something very pretty for you. The only thing that will be pulled this Spring is the leftover non-native grass and the plants in the pathway. Oh and I think there is zinnia coming up...yikes...I'm a little scared of them. They are fun but pushy and I don't know if I can do so many of them this year. Another thing to journal is that the blue-eyed grass is blooming as is the coveted wild rosemary. Unfortunately, no rosemary cares to live in our yard but it is plentiful in the yards of our neighbors. Great fun.

The lettuce is slower than I expected. Peterson says they need more water. So be it.

Comments

Popular Posts