Amazing weekend...

Saturday I biked with my friend Patti to the Red Bar for breakfast. Came home clipped back the dead branches and added them to the compost pile. I added some fresh garden dirt to the circle area of my garden and put in some baby mint, added seeds for another crop of lettuce, Thai Basil and some cosmos for color. The purple Verbena seemed to start celebrating on Fat Tuesday and it is taking over the pathway already. The Stokes Aster never froze either and looks as bright as it did the day I planted it last spring. Today I threw in some Zinnia seeds on the edge of the garden. Although they are really fun, I don't want them to take over like they did last year. I'm counting on the Beach Daisy, Passion Flower, Swamp Daisy and the Saliva to come back. The Lantana and the Blue Daze are already peeking out although they won't bloom for a while. It's very grim looking right now, I know, but I like to journal how it looks before the warm weather pulls everything out.

Identified some edible wild plants that I'll try adding to the salad too. More on that later.

Comments

Popular Posts