Raised Beds and Cottages for Kid's

I have the pleasure of knowing some very wise gardeners and all of them at one time or another have advised me to use raised beds for my vegetables so of course I didn't. Well I did accidentally in one area of the garden and wow, imagine, everything planted there was prosperous. So Bruce and I made a raised bed and dragged it around the open area of the garden like a couch to find just the right spot to utilize existing clay for a base, be close enough to the hose for irrigation and get plenty of sunlight. I will try to grow some broccoli, lettuce and maybe some onion if I can find some transplants since it is getting late. Per instructions from my friend and experienced gardener Dave, I will construct a cover for the nights it may frost.

Our good friends from Orlando were up visiting this week and Sandra and I went to see the Cottages for Kid's exhibit at Rosemary Beach. Wonderful creative play spaces are created by local architects and builders then auctioned for the Children's Volunteer Health Network. I swear I am not biased toward a garden theme but I liked the Artisan's built cottage the best. It supports sustainability as does this clever charitable event.

Comments

Popular Posts