Some neighbors and visitors we love to have around the house.

You thought maybe I meant friends and family but no. We haven't had many humans around our house since March of this year but this Monarch butterfly was kind enough to stop by. 

It's the first one I have seen this year. I have plenty of Coreopses, Milkweed, Butterfly bush, and Maypop but the Zinnias are getting sparse. I will probably fill in with some red Pentas while the fall flowers get ready. My favorite butterfly is the Swallowtail. Any swallowtail will do but we've been seeing a lot of tiger this year. When we first moved here it was the Alabama swallowtail with is black with bright blue and white markings. All of them gorgeous.


This is one of our resident green anoles eating lunch. Thankfully, it's not a Monarch as they have enough obstacles on their journey.


I always say "hello" to the green Anoles and "hola" to the brown ones who are, I have read, originally from Cuba. They are both very nice about eating insects. We also have some Florida Skinks easily recognizable by the bright blue in their tail and the fence post Lizards that really do look like a rugged fence post. I haven't managed a good shot of either yet as they are not particularly friendly which is fine with me. There seems to be plenty to eat here for everyone. 

Comments

Popular Posts