Crazy year, pretty summer


This year, in more than one respect it's been hot that's for sure. But as usual, early in the morning at the shore, if you don't think too much and just feel, everything is wonderful. It was really pretty again today. Bruce picked the spot because he identified it as having all the right attributes he looks for in water conditions for fishing. While he was busy with that I was trying to capture the splash of the top of a wave just as it breaks. It's hard to do with my trusty little point and shoot and I probably took 50 shots without the benefit of really seeing what I was shooting but I find if I just keep shooting in the general direction of my subject I will often get a great surprise when I edit. Kind of like casting in the general direction of where you think the fish might be, you don't always catch something. Bruce didn't catch anything today but he always has fun (and he gets his move points) whether he makes a catch or not. 

As we were packing up to leave, we saw dolphins so of course, we stopped to watch them as they moved east. They paused to fish just where Bruce had been trying to target his lure so his intuition on the location was correct he just couldn't get the line out far enough from where he was standing. 


I found the clouds to be very entertaining again today too. I saw a girl in the sky coughing who forgot to wear her mask today but she will "just disappear" so that's good... 


We only stayed a couple of hours and based on the herds of people coming down the boardwalk as we were leaving it was clear that a couple of hours today was just the right amount of time.  Later, after I went through the pictures I shot, I was a little disappointed I didn't get the National Geographic shot of the detail at the top of a wave but the unmanned candy-colored beach canopies set up as placeholders were pretty.  

Comments

Popular Posts