What you will see at Blue Mountain Beach...

Along with the pretty, sweet coquina clams, and their abandoned shells, there has been a lot of tiny black sort of sticks gathering along the shoreline, a contrast with the bright white sand. An outline of where the wave ended. I have been told it is coquina poo but I have no idea. One thing you can count on with this blog is that I just report what I see and hear from other beach bums and fishermen. Facts live nicely with fiction. The older I get the more I know that I am not sure of anything. The coquina shells are so pretty. Easter egg colors. I read the clams are edible but I have never eaten them or tasted broth made from them (which seems more likely to achieve IMO).



The beach has been beautiful lately (I know I say that all the time). Saw a great show of birds during a feeding frenzy one morning off shore. Seriously fun to watch.  Pelicans, loons, seagulls, terns, everyone was working hard. Bruce said from the beach walkover you could see the shadow of the schools of fish traveling by and causing all the excitement.


The next day it was loons and seagulls. Looked like the loons were doing most of the work. The seagulls are always opportunistic. The often repeated line, MINE MINE MINE, from "Finding Nemo" sums them up nicely. Still, they are always at the beach providing me company.



As I walked down the beach access I saw some neighbors...always nice. It is a cliche I know but it was one of those mornings where you find your self saying "if you are lucky enough to live at the beach you are lucky enough."

Comments

Popular Posts