Songwriters Festival recommendation

I haven't been to a lot of shows for a number of reasons and that's too bad for me but what I've heard so far is of course top notch. We tend to pick a venue and just stay there for the duration of the festival. That being said, my favorite so far was the set at Trebeache last night with Dan Bern (I laughed so hard my cheeks are still sore) Jeff Cohen (funny and poignant and marvelous) and Davin McCoy (gut wrenching lyrics by a voice that I love to hear-one of my favorite songs ever is called "London Rain" which he didn't sing but I have the cd which I recommend.

Bruce said Jackson Browne was amazing...Grand Boulevard green was a little soggy but that it sounded good. I admit I like the idea of the big show being at Gulf Place but I understand it was a good move for the festival. Having the bridge open again next year will also be a plus. We like to stay on 30A so missed going to the Vue. Will have to try the shuttle sometime.

Comments

Popular Posts