Songwriters Festival so far...

So here are some favorite moments about the 30A Songwriters Festival. This is kind of a difficult task for me because so far I have enjoyed everyone I have seen and I say that with all sincerity. My advice for enjoying the festival is to just pick a venue and stay there as you are sure to be entertained.

That being said, I will not review each set we enjoyed or will enjoy, I'm just noting some personal favorites.

The CAA Member's Only concert Wednesday at Fish Out of Water was terrific. Each performer so very good. So from the Wednesday show, to me, it was all about Rodney Crowell who is, of course, music royalty and proves it every performance. The other artist that really captured me that night was Liz Longley. Her voice so pure and captivating.

Last night at The Bowery on 30A, the whole line-up was also really, really good. I was so happy to see Jeff Black again. His writing, his stage presence, his stories are always what I want to hear. I am pretty certain to see him at each festival and that thought is another reason I love this event. I loved hearing Joe Montana again and Nicole Witt gave us a taste of her new band Farewell Angelina, great country fun.

The most important voice we heard Friday night was during the first set. That set introduced Bruce and me to new talent (to us), Caleb Caudle, Aaron Tasjan, John Moreland, all really good. The one voice in particular that stood out for us though was John Moreland. My, my. He might end up being my festival favorite.

Not sure where we will go today. I'm already a bit overwhelmed by the choices but wherever we go, I know it will end up being perfect.



Popular Posts