4th of July on 30A

July the 4th at Blue Mountain Beach was simply spectacular. Wait! I didn't go to the beach on the 4th because I live here and don't go on holidays but the 5th was gorgeous. The water was cool, June bloom was manageable, the sky the prettiest of blue, the beach fluffy white. Bruce and I worked the SWCC beach clean-up and so we were there very early. I stayed after because my neighbors were spread out on the sand with SUP's (they are there every day) and well, how could I do anything else but join them.


Another thing to report was the spotted dolphin. There was a school, or pod of them fishing very close to shore going after the same fish as their human counterparts. I don't think I've never seen spotted dolphin here. They are smaller and darker than the bottlenose and the way they fish is splashier. It was great fun watching them.


Volunteers picked up 4 bags of debris from the fireworks. It wasn't as bad this year as in years past at least at our beach so that is a plus. The turtles and shorebirds are still nesting so we have to pick up as much as the little bits of trash too. 

I'm about to go out for my morning walk. Hopefully it will be another dolphin day.


Popular Posts