Free 30A Beach Vacation Advice

After the crazy rain last month I am so happy to see sunshine. It is still raining now and then which cools things down in the morning but no biblical downpours to report (knock wood). I work at a vacation rental company and find some of the things people want us to promise very funny. Most people who call are just great. Excited and happy to be coming here to our little gem on the NW Florida coastline. Once and a while someone is very unpleasant, usually over things that are out of our control like cable companies. But the thing that makes me shake my head are the folks who are upset over Mother Nature, expecting the beach to be perfect everyday, no bugs, and sunshine for the whole time they are here. It's pretty funny really. But like I said, most people are just as nice as they can be; happy to be at this beautiful beach and most the time it is pretty wonderful here but geez, it isn't an enclosed, climate-controlled, covered dome so today I thought to offer this advice to anyone coming here for a visit is to:
Bring some games. Forget the ones on your electronic device. Bring cards or domino's or scrabble. It makes for great family memories. I know because I read the guest books and the families that play games together write about how fun it is. Mexican Train Domino's are great fun. Who doesn't like a good game of scrabble. And I hear your brain will work just a little bit better if you work a jigsaw puzzle while you are on vacation.
Have fun while you are here. Slow down and do the simple stuff. That's the best thing about a beach vacation.

Popular Posts