Race on 30A

The Seaside Neighborhood School
Sunday there is the big race on 30A. The half marathon benefiting the Seaside Neighborhood School. I do not run, geez I barely take a walk to the mailbox at the end of our driveway these days but I'll walk up to 30A when I hear them coming this way. They will have just gotten up Blue Mountain. There will probably be a little packet of race volunteers at the end of our street handing out water bottles and cheering them on. We can hear the cheering from our veranda as they pass and even more cheering once they get to Gulf Place.  It's fun to see the crowd of runners come around our curve. I watch them with equal parts curiosity and admiration. All that bouncing up and down on asphalt or concrete, it looks painful to me so I admire what it takes to run a race like this. I tried jogging once or twice and ended up inhaling a lot of car fumes so rather than change my location, I just didn't run anymore. Sorry Michele. So anyhow Sunday crowds of runners will be passing me by, some smiling with healthy enthusiasm, some just concentrating on achieving their personal goal, all breathing hard, all supporting the cherished little charter school in Seaside. I wish everyone the best. This annual race is part of the allure of Seaside and the allure of Seaside is as strong as the tides right now so here's to the race, the racers and all the folks who love them!

Comments

Popular Posts