Spending time at the 30A Songwriters Festival

When you get involved with the 30A Songwriters Festival, whether you are a ticket-holder, a volunteer, a musician or even a venue, you actively participate in it. And if you are smart, you just go with it. Don't expect anything and don't judge. Putting on an event like this is a massive effort, full of surprises.

It isn't possible to write all about all the great music and energy at the venues in a blog post but here are some highlights.

Friday night:
Vue on 30A - loved the venue, the flow, the service. I like picking a venue and staying for the night.
Saturday:
Davin McCoy at Bud and Alleys...he made me cry...again. He and his "So Good So Cruel" sound always makes me cry and now, the mother in me worries about him. "London Rain", the song he wrote with Tim Jackson is my favorite right now.
Right after Davin McCoy got his standing ovation, Miles Zuniga and Tony Scalza (Fastball) cheered me. Working on solo work, their unexpected and wonderful musical musings sent me home laughing about the irony of life's big small moments.
Sunday:
Watching the documentary "Duke and the King" was, as a dear friend pointed out, a modern day "It's a Beautiful Life". I know my life has been enriched by Duke. I loved hearing him play during the movie and as a happy ending to the program. Duke is another reason I don't think I could ever leave 30A. I am grateful we live in the same town.
And finally, we listened to Tift Merritt, a living breathing, magical, musical fairy who I could listen to and watch for hours. I love her. I told her so. Someone really must perfect the hologram so we could all be around her all the time.

The festival was just grand.

Comments

Popular Posts