Nesting on the beach


Lots of spring break activity last week.
The birds and the frogs around our house are making ready for babies and it's turtle nesting season on the beach. The weather has been spectacular the last couple of days. Plenty of sun, not much humidity and a pleasant cool breeze. I love the veranda this time of year. I have to share it with a family of Carolina Chickadees but we work it out. When the chicks hatch we will stay away as much as possible to give them some privacy. They are cheerful little birds, stark black and white, tiny and busy with a distinctive chirp. I look forward to them shopping for real estate on our porch, picking out one of our bird houses every year.

The peach tree is starting to get some green on it, the Meyer Lemon tree looks great. My herb garden is doing well but my greens didn't work out for me this year as a result of a little slug festival that has been going on without my approval. Oh well it's springtime on the north Florida coast so how bad can things be?

Pretty time of year but if you are smart you get to the beach early in the morning (always the nicest part of the day to me). Spring break can sometimes make people a little crazy. Anyhow, the notoriously wildest week of spring break will soon be over and things will calm down come Monday. Next week I'll help fill in the giant holes (so the turtles don't fall in, not to mention anyone walking at night) and there will be litter to clean-up but it will be safe to go back to Seaside because traffic will get back to normal.

And most of our 30A visitors, like these two, are perfectly wonderful and we are very happy to have them share the wonder.

Comments

Popular Posts