This is the day...

Saturday, lower than whale doo, I had nothing except the occasional chorus of my favorite slow, bluesy gospel song playing in my head. It goes like this “You gotta move, you got to move. You gotta move, you got to move, you gotta move, you got to move. When the Lord, calls out your name, you gotta to move, you got to move”. I had always thought the song had a pretty cheerful message until Donnie, our church choir director told me it was more a funeral song. It doesn’t mean the Lord wants you to get up off your bottom and do something productive, it means, when your time is up, just go on and go back where you started from and that will probably be a pretty good gig when the time comes. Guess it’s how you look at things. Today, perhaps inspired by the chickadees chirping right outside my window, I find myself loudly singing a happy, cheerful bible school song that goes like this: “This is the day, this is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made that the Lord had made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad he did and be glad he did. This is the day that the Lord had made, I will rejoice and be glad he did. This is the day, this is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made”. Bruce got me started on it and now I can't stop.


I blame all my mood swings on pollen and sometimes, but not as often, there is always Bruce I can point to.

I don’t always think in gospel music but there is often a musical theme to my day. Sometimes it’s Copeland or CS&N or Eva Cassidy or Led Zepplin or THE BEATLES. I don't seem to have much to do with the selection. Anyhow, I wish the world music that matches the weather here today at the beaches of SoWal. The birds and I are sure rejoicing in it.

Comments

Popular Posts