The Theatre

Having an afternoon root beer with some friends at Amavida Coffee in Seaside, I ran into Carol from the Seaside Repertory Theatre. She was dropping off some programs for the Summer Season. I love the Seaside Rep. On top of showing great theatre, it has always been a good neighbor holding community meetings, sharing programs and films that make a positive impact on our lives. The independent film series "Growing Local" is a good example of that. Passionate about eating healthy, Jennifer Kuntz of Raw & Juicy and Renee Savary of Twin Oaks Farm are presenting the series. You will run into both of these dynamic women at the Seaside Farmers Market on Saturday mornings.
On my way back to the car, I noticed the amphitheatre filling up for the Wednesday Seaside concert. I was sorry not to be able to stay for the music but there were some pretty happy people waiting to take the premier parking space I was vacating, part of a line of SUV's anxiously looking for anyone else to leave the square. The weather was great yesterday so once everyone got out of their cars and down to the relaxing part, their blankets down on the green and their glasses of wine poured, it should have been a good evening for the outdoor event.

Tonight I hear some local legends will play at the new restaurant where Jam Bones used to be on hwy 98 by the post office. Will report on that as I plan to check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts