Blue Mountain Beach 4th of July















It rained a lot today but this morning it was just beautiful. No oil at the beach that I could see but I didn't go into the water. It was rough..the red flag was up. A red flag to me means you don't go in. I don't even like yellow flag days.
The outflow from Draper Lake must have broken through the berm or maybe the county opened it up but there was a good flow of fresh, albeit red tinted water, escaping into the gulf. Some people get worried about it but it's perfectly fine water. Good, safe water to play in. I saw one oil clean-up guy weaving in and out of the beach goers looking for oil. He didn't have much of anything in his net so I think the currents are taking it elsewhere. I hope the dolphins and turtles stay over here with us. Tonight there is a concert at Seaside. Dread Clampitt and Sam Bush. It should be a good prelude to the fireworks.

Comments

Popular Posts