A Season Greeting

Getting in "the spirit" took a little longer this year, I have to admit. Like everyone we know, we were a lot more cautious about spending but maybe that's what makes a good Christmas because this year was in its own way, a little less stressful and a lot more thoughtful.

We had a frost before Thanksgiving so we had expected a cold December but even though from outside on the verandah I can hear the surf, the weather has been very mild; overcast and a little windy but plenty warm enough. As a matter of fact I plan on planting some lettuce later on this afternoon. Experienced gardeners tell me we can do that here as long as we cover them if the temp gets into the 30's. So I finally finished the raised vegetable bed complete with a cover and I'm going to give it a go.

Best of the season to all.

Comments

Popular Posts